Friday, February 15, 2008

Tools You Can Use: MACJOURNAL 5

I don't think I ever reviewed software before, but this was definitely worth sharing. For those of us who like to journal and use a Mac there's a great app called MacJournal (duh). I just downloaded it from the Mariner Software website, and well, this thing is just too cool for school!

I only started using it yesterday, and I know I've only scratched the surface, but so far I'm pretty impressed. It's got more features than you can shake a stick at, even some you wouldn't necessarily think of for this type of app…or maybe you would.

You can do the usual word processory stuff but it's got other features that are geared specifically for journaling in the traditional way (simulating a diary and its pages, that you can insert as you go), or you can step into the 21st century and use it to maintain your blogs and podcasts.

For someone who loves using my computer for so many things, I've always been a bit old-fashioned about journaling. I looked at one or two shareware apps back in the day, but nothing ever impressed me. Also, I've always just loved the act of holding a beautiful journal in my hand, sitting down with the best writing implement I can find, and expressing my deepest and darkest in its o' so delicate pages. (Can you stand it?) But MacJournal is different. It's so intuitive that I just jumped in and started writing. It actually behaves like a real journal, making it very easy to use.

I'll be using it quite a bit for studying/notetaking (which is why I got it in the first place), and I look forward to checking out it's many features like adding photos, sound and video clips to my entries, and posting to my blogs from it.

FYI: If you see this cool little graphic in any future posts, you'll know what's behind it.


No comments: